Tuesday, June 17, 2008

a little behind...

I did not intend to take an entire week off from blogging. Of course, I also did not intend to preach for over 50 minutes Sunday morning about Calvinism vs. Arminianism.

Oops.

Anyhoo, I've got some posting to catch up on. Namely...

1) last week's 'Sunday Setlist'
2) this week's 'Sunday Setlist'
3) a video we showed this past Sunday, in which a number of kids asked God their most important question (...my favorite question asked was one that involves a box and a pig)

And I will get to all of that soon enough. But for now, I just wanted to post something quick to reassure you all that yes, I am still alive.

11 comments:

Adam Gonnerman said...

50 minutes? "Calvinism vs. Arminianism"? I'm not paid for my ministry or preaching, but the congregation I serve would suspend me from the pulpit for that! :-)

ragamuffinminister said...

50 minutes...you think you're rob bell or something?? :)

what was the title of your sermon, if any?

bill said...

Well, Mark was out of town...so I figured 'why not'?

The title was "Which One is Right?" Not the most creative title in the world, I know.

Adam Gonnerman said...

My answer would have been "neither." :-)

Anonymous said...

maybe you should preface your topic and why you talked about that. it would probably make more sense.

michaelCODY said...

It was a good message actually.

Adam Gonnerman said...

Actually, it sounds like it would be interesting. Maybe with an intermission it would be easier. Was it recorded?

michaelCODY said...

I think it was too long for recording...

bill said...

it wasn't too long for recording. it was recorded. we podcast all our sermons.

and if you count a 6 minute sketch in which Calvin and Arminius discuss the movie The Truman Show, there was kind of a intermission.

michaelCODY said...

There should had been more focus on the pig in a box because I am really curious about that.

Blake Anthony said...

i am allergic to tulips