Thursday, June 26, 2008

another week...

...and still I haven't blogged anything real.

Yeah, I could give excuses. But I won't. And honestly, they're pretty good excuses. In fact, screw it, yes I will.

Here are the top 5 excuses that I have blogged anything real in like 2 weeks:

5) Relatives in town. For the better part of the last two and a half weeks, we have had one set of relatives in town or the other or both. I love having them...but not a whole lot of extra time for blogging.

4) The aforementioned 50+ minute sermon on Calvinism vs. Arminianism. It really did put a number of things on hold for that week.

3) JBC's internet has been down. Well, not completely...but something weird has been going on. You can't access any site that you have to sign-in for. Anywhere on campus. I couldn't even check my email from home this entire week.

2) Mark has been gone for the last two weeks. That doesn't necessarily mean a lot more work, but it does mean a little more work and certainly a lot more responsibility.

And add to that...you know, I have always heard the phrase, "When the cat's away the mouse will play"; but apparently, the phrase should go, "When the cat's away the mouse buys a house." Because...

1) Betsy and I bought a house. Pretty crazy, huh? We will be first-time homeowners...and there is a lot to learn about this whole process. But it is a great house and a great deal and we are super excited.

So, there you go, the top 5 excuses I haven't blogged anything real in like two weeks. Most of it is behind me now, so hopefully I will be a little more regular with my blogging and not have to make any more excuses.

Hopefully.

3 comments:

norm said...

Congrats for making it through and on the new house! It sure feels good to own!

-Norm

Blake Anthony said...

No excuses! I don't want to hear it! Just stop it now! God Bless

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house! I know it is a big step but definately a one well worth it.