Monday, July 09, 2007

john and dave

Today is my birthday.

And I am leaving in a few hours to fly to New York for the week.

But why would I write about any of that when I can embed a moronic and fruitless video of myself from YouTube?

There is nothing I can say about this video that will make it less embarrassing...or more heterosexual. Taylor and I wrote this song in an inspired moment of stupidity and sang it for a bunch of our friends last weekend right before the wedding.

In case you can't make them out, here are the lyrics:

We play our guitars and write our songs loud
We know it pleases the Lord somehow
Our laughter is our praise
Our friendship all our days
is going to bring a smile to His sweet, sweet face

We're present day
John and Daves
singing praise to the Lord

I'm Dave...and I'm John
Singing praise...all night long
We're not gay...but our hearts are one

We're present day
John and Daves
singing praise to the Lord


Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should have kissed him, dave

Anonymous said...

simply amazing!

SCOTT said...

this is reminiscient of my summers at ciy with tony and donny...all you need is a drum machine