Tuesday, October 06, 2009

blue plate special



This Friday at noon, I again have the opportunity to play the 'Blue Plate Special' on WDVX. This is the fourth or fifth time that I have been on Blue Plate, but Friday will be my first time not playing with Taylor Brown.

This time around, I am going to be backing up Jill Andrews.

Jill is formerly of The Everybodyfields, and currently is touring the Southeast as a solo artist. She will be releasing an EP of brand new material later this month. You can go to her website and read much more well-written reviews of her music and her talent than anything I could write, but I will say...she truly, truly is gifted. As a songwriter and as a singer, she is just absolutely remarkable.

Her usual piano/harmony guy is unable to make a handful of her tour dates, so I was asked to fill in. (Why was I asked? Shhh....I don't want anyone pulling at that thread.) My first show joining Jill and her band is the Blue Plate Special this Friday.

So, if you can, Friday at noon...click this link and listen in.

1 comment:

greg said...

Dude, if you're gonna be doing stuff like this you really need to bite the bullet and grow a huge beard. I'm not sure you're going to be able to pull it off without it...