Friday, August 10, 2007

and the grammy goes to...




Well, Vance Powell actually...for his work on Jars of Clay's 'The Eleventh Hour' album.

But I took my picture with it.

I am in Nashville at Sputnik Studios with my friend, Greg Adkins, who is working on his second album. I am blogging from here because they have wi-fi...and I want you to think I'm cool.

Sputnik Studios is where Jars of Clay has recorded almost all their albums, as well as Bebo Norman and others. There are Platinum and Gold Records all over the walls. Andrew Osenga is laying down electric guitar stuff right now.

So...yeah, I'm a bit out of my element, but its a pretty freaking cool place. I thought about taking more pictures to show you, but I don't want to look like a TOTAL tourist (I mean I already took my picture with the Grammy for crying out loud!).

So allow me to paint a picture for you: take a "The Real World" house...add hundreds of thousands of dollars of music/recording equipment...put a Wurlitzer in the kitchen...and you've pretty much got it.

We are heading out tonight to get back to Knoxville, but I'll let Vance hold on to the Grammy for now.

No comments: