Monday, June 11, 2007

a quick update...

It has officially been a week since my last post. So, I apologize to the handful of you who check my blog every couple of days and have been thinking, "Nope. Nothing new again today. Man, Bill is really slacking off."

While...yes, I am a slacker, my parents also came into town last week. So that had a lot to do with it, as well. To catch you up quickly, here is a top 10 list of my favorite things from the past week:

10. I grilled out for the first time this year...steaks and veggies (peppers, onions, zucchini). The grill needed some serious cleaning, but it was well worth it, if I do say so myself.

9. Hung out a lot with my friend, Dustin. His wife and two girls were out of town visiting family and instead of being a bachelor for the weekend, he choose Betsy and I, as well as my parents, as his surrogate family. It was fun.

8. Cook-out at Mark's house with the Crossings' leadership community. 40+ people. A lot of food. A lot of games. And yet another Golden BVD award winner (congrats Karrie).

7. Games galore. On Thursday night we played Phase 10 (won...I'm telling you, it has nothing to do with luck; I'm just that good) and Speed Scrabble (won). On Saturday we played Killer Cut-throat Croquet (lost); Bocce Ball (lost) and Corn-Hole (won...a lot)

6. Disc Golf on Saturday with my dad.

5. Lunch at Market Square with Betsy and my parents on Friday.

4. After lunch, we hit what some might consider a 'holy trinity' of sorts: Plutos (a hole in the wall Disc Golf haven on UT's campus), McKays (the biggest and best book store you have ever seen, period) and Starbucks (a small, local coffee house...you may not have heard of it).

3. On Wednesday, my friend Greg and I did a little dollar bowling and I started one of the games with...5 strikes!

2. I got to make an Apollo Creed reference during the worship set on Sunday morning. Never done that before.

1. Having my mom and dad in town. I hadn't seen them since Christmas and it was really, really good visit.

1 comment:

michaelCODY said...

Wow. You have a lot of extra activities to pass the time. Want to trade? In case they called you for a reference, I got the apartment. Move in this weekend. :)