Thursday, January 04, 2007

a quick quote


I apologize for my lack of posts recently. It isn't that I don't have much to talk about. It is that I don't have much time to talk about it.

I was really hoping somebody that loved that Claiborne book (and I know you are out there...) would have read my last post and completely disagreed with everything I had to say and that that discussion would have progressed in the comment section, making a new post unnecessary for a while. Oh well. Apparently, I argued my point so convincingly that it was literally impossible to refute.

I guess that makes sense, though. I shouldn't be surprised. That is just the risk I take every time I tap into my deep well of wisdom, intellect and awesomeness.

Or...it could be that neither I, nor my blog, are worth the amount of time or energy it would take for someone to leave a comment in disagreement. Hmm.

Nah, I'm going with the "awesomeness" theory.

Okay...enough incessant rabbling, I did have a point to this post. I wanted to share with you a good quote I heard yesterday from my friend, Kenny. It is a lot of the reason I enjoy blogging and writing music, so I thought it was appropriate.

"Reading makes a man deep. Writing makes him precise." - J.I. Packer

While I am neither deep nor precise, I still really like that quote. Apparently, that J.I. Packer guy is awesome too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and he's a cute old man.