Monday, February 20, 2006

update

Sorry, I know that it has been awhile since my last post. Last week was insanely busy. Lots of moving and little sleep.

For Valentine's Day, Betsy and I had dinner at the Melting Pot and were served by a strange gentleman who slipped in and out of a German accent and made techno sounds with his mouth while stirring cheese, or pouring wine, or just walking by. Weird guy...we liked him.

Wednesday, I was up until 3:00am practicing for Friday night. Thursday, I was up until 4:00am editing a video for Sunday morning that, incidentally, we didn't end up even using.

Friday night, the CD release concert went really well. There was a great turn-out and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Well, I guess I can't speak for everyone...I enjoyed it, at least.

I was supposed to lead worship for a retreat at Smoky Mountain Christian Camp on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday morning I got up early, got ready and as I was walking out the door, I recieved a call saying that it had been cancelled because of bad weather in the mountains. I was bummed for a moment, then dropped my bags on the floor, crawled back into bed and slept til noon. That was nice.

Sunday morning, Betsy and I drove to church together for the first time since we've been married. Since I was supposed to be out of town and had all my responsibilities covered, I didn't have to worry about doing a thing. I just sat with my wife and enjoyed be led in worship.

Last night, I led worship for a Sunday night youth service at another church in town. The highlight of the night: as I was walking toward the youth room, arms full of musical equipment, after having just arrived, a sixth grade girl who I have never met before looked at me and said, "I don't like you. You are weird." All I could say was, "Yeah...sure, I can see where you would say that." Oh...God bless youth ministers.

Finally, among all the hustle and bustle of last week...my official website got up and going. It is www.billwolfworship.com. Wes Jones with Divergent Studios did all the design. Wes is a great guy and was wonderful to work with. If you are in the Knoxville area and need any photography or graphic design...Wes is your guy (man it feels good to shamefully plug someone else for a change).

Well, I have a couple articles I am working on and will hopefully have them up this week. Til then...

No comments: